What are Chia Seeds?
- Super high source of Omega 3 fats (approx 19-25% of its weight is healthy fat!), which means it is great for heart health, good source of brain food, and keeps cells healthy
- High in soluble fiber for balanced blood sugar, keeps you regular and manages weight
- Complete source of veggie protein which means it contains all the essential amino acids you need for good health!
- Swells up to 12 times its weight and has satiating effects i.e. keeps you fuller and satisfied for longer
- Comes in 2 varieties: white (also known as Salba) and black. Both have same nutrients but white is expensive.
- Part of the mint family